Dow Values Privacy
What Information We Collect
How We May Use and Share Your Personal Information
If permitted by applicable law, we may use the personal information we collect through our website:
- to provide products, information and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to improve the content, functionality, performance and usability of our website;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to provide technical support and troubleshooting; and
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy statement or other agreement you have with Dow.
If permitted by applicable law, we may share your information as described below:
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies or organizations, including subsidiaries, affiliates, and other entities that perform services on our behalf, such as website support service providers.
- Business Transactions and Transfers. Dow may buy, sell, form, or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell stock or assets, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of your information to prospective purchasers or partners who have signed a confidentiality agreement with Dow.
We will not use your personal information to send product or promotional advertising unless you have agreed to receive product or promotional advertising. Other than the purposes described above, Dow does not sell your personal information to third-parties.
Location of Information
Use of Special Features or Areas of Our Website
We do not knowingly collect information from children to sell or promote our products or services. We host educational programs in science for students and teachers in our communities, but we do not invite minors to contact us or manually provide personal information. Visitors must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. Parents or legal guardians may register to obtain information or participate in a survey on behalf of their children. If you believe a child under the age of eighteen has sent personal contact information to Dow, please contact us
immediately at the address listed below and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly remove that information from our databases.
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. We urge users to be careful with personal information while using the Internet.SSL Protection. Some password-protected areas of our website, require that a secure connection between your computer and our server be established. We use an encryption technology called Secure Socket Layers (SSL). A secure connection is maintained until you leave the secure area of the site. Although we use SSL encryption to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information as it travels over the Internet, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and we cannot guarantee the safety of transmitting personal information over the Internet.Password Protection. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing one of our websites using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing our website using a password assigned to you, even if the individual is not, in fact authorized by you. If you have reason to believe that your password has been compromised or used without authorization, you must promptly change it using the functionality provided on the site.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. In some cases, we will ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your personal information. If you receive email or marketing communications, you may “opt-out” of receiving e-mail and other communications from us at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send. If you are a customer of Dow products, we reserve the right to contact you with information regarding health and safety, applicable regulations, or stewardship of our products.
Access, Update or Correct Your Personal Information
If you have created an account or a personal profile on one of our websites, you may be able to access and update some or all of your personal information on your account settings or profile page. If you wish to access, update or correct other personal information, please contact us. We will contact you and may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will update information as requested. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if permitted or required by law or if we are unable to verify your identity.